Takeaways from a recent 3 day visit to Deolali, Nasik – Maharashtra
Roads are impeccable. Rode 180kms in about 2-21/2hrs flat. Its a completely stress free ride
However, the instance of opposite driving has gone up dramatically. People seem to have got a lot more lazier to do roundabouts. So, one has to be a lot more careful now if wish to overtake from the left side.
Things that just hit you as you move from a 20mn+ people city to a city with 50k people.
- Everything is at a slow motion mode. It works magic on your system
- Noise level drops 80%
- You sleep more
- You completely loose track of time. Anyway in today’s life can you be far away from a clock!
- Construction has gone up many fold in the last 10 years
- It seemed hotter in the afternoon
- Restaurants are in a time warp. A lot of the full service restaurants give you a feel of coming to the 80s/90s. The menu’s serve everything.
- Price levels a 50% lower for a lot of things
- Cafe Coffee Day is the only cool spot to escape from the heat.
- Healthcare Juice Centre on Lam Road is still cutting edge. The best juice centre in all of Maharashtra.
- Must go every few months
- Take loads of books. See and make sure there is no internet wherever you are.
- And don’t forget to shout “I love you mountain” on the way!